May 15, 2019
2019 State LTC Ombudsman Conference
May 21 - 23, 2019
with pre and post conference activities on May 20 & 23
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
The conference is just around the corner! Please see below for updates and reminders including the conference agenda, pre-work for sessions, transportation to the hotel, New State Ombudsman Orientation, and the post-conference networking event.
Pre-Work for the 2019 State Ombudsman Conference
To prepare for dialogue applicable to your state and gain the most possible from this conference, please bring or send the requested items for the various sessions listed in the pre-conference homework email.
Transportation to Hotel
- Detailed transportation directions from the airport to the hotel.
- TAXI: The Orlando International Airport (MCO) is 17 miles from the hotel and takes 20 - 25 minutes to drive. The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista does not offer a complimentary shuttle service. A taxi from the airport to the hotel will cost approximately $35.00 - $55.00.
- DRIVING: The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista offers both valet and self-service parking. The fee is $15.00 per night, per vehicle.
- SUPERSHUTTLE: SuperShuttle is a shared-ride service to and from the airport. Your driver may make a few stops along the way to let your fellow passengers out, but this will vary based on the time of day. You must book your trip ahead of time, the cost is $48 round trip. Book your trip here.
New State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Orientation
Orientation will be in Horizons Salons 9-11 from 8:00am - 12:00pm Tuesday, May 21, and breakfast for New State Ombudsmen and mentors attending orientation will be served at 7:30. The agenda and orientation materials were sent to new State Ombudsmen in a previous email.
State Staff Activities
During the NASOP meetings on Monday afternoon all state staff are welcomed and encouraged to participate in a session specifically designed for them. This session will be held from 1:00pm to 5:00pm in Solar.
On Tuesday morning, experienced State Ombudsman are invited to participate in an open dialogue at 10:00am - 12:00pm in Horizons Salons 7-8. During this time an open dialogue will also be held for State Staff in Solar.
Post-Conference NASOP Networking Event
Travel through the mists of time at the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament. The cost is $47.02 which includes dinner, show, taxes, and tip. You will need to make your reservations by calling 407-396-2900 x2119 or x2124, our group reservation number is 1-964-2039. We will be seated as a group however you will individually have the option to upgrade your seats to include other benefits. Additional information is available here.
What to Pack
We recommend business casual. We try our best to keep a comfortable temperature in all the session rooms, but everyone's comfort is a little different. Remember to pack layers so you can adjust as necessary. The forecast in Orlando next week is calling for temperatures in the mid to high-80s with temperatures dropping to the mid-70s at night.
Additional Conference Information:
- Click here to view the final conference agenda.
- Click here to view session handouts, PowerPoints, and additional resources.
Questions can be directed to Amity Overall-Laib email@example.com or Katie Kohler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in Orlando!!!