May 10, 2019
2019 State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Conference
To prepare for dialogue applicable to your state and gain the most possible from this conference, please bring or send the requested items for the various sessions listed below.
Do you find yourself looking at name tags to identify your fellow State Ombudsmen? View a cheat sheet that includes pictures of your colleagues.
What happened in your state in 2018?
This document is a compilation of responses from states to the questionnaire about what has worked well in their program this past year. Responses are grouped by category with a brief description of the practice. Review the full list of successful program practices here in order to identify what you want to learn more about from your peers. States that submitted a program practice are colored in green.
Improve Your Training - It is More than a Pre-and-Post Test
- Bring one copy of role-playing exercises you use in training.
It's All About Staffing
- Have a conversation with someone in your licensing agency and ask the question: What does the surveyor look for in order to cite the facility for staffing deficiencies?
Fiscal Management and Program Monitoring
- Bring a copy of your budget or the outline of categories of spending.
- If decentralized, bring a description of how funding is distributed to contractors (AAA or others).
Ombudsman Learning Collaborative Roundtable (invitation only)
- Review this handout to prepare for the roundtable discussion on Tuesday, May 21.
In addition to the above, please bring the following with you:
- A copy of your most recent Annual Report.
- Samples of any new brochures or outreach materials.
- Samples or links to posters on abuse, the Ombudsman program, or residents' rights.
Important Conference Details:
- Click here for the conference agenda.
- Click here for information on the conference hotel.
- Click here for directions from the airport to the hotel.
- To reduce paper, we will not provide copies of the PowerPoint slides for each session. If we receive slides before the conference we will post them to the conference webpage so you can print them before attending. Following the conference all materials will be available on that webpage.
Questions can be directed to Amity Overall-Laib (firstname.lastname@example.org).
See you in Orlando!!!