Mobile-ize, Organize, and Unionize: day-long training - 6/3 - NYCSubmitted Wed May 25 2011 10:24:03 GMT-0400 (EDT)
We're excited about our upcoming event in NYC that we're putting on with Mobile Commons, Organizing 2.0, and the Metro New York Labor Communications Council. Together we've created a day-long training on June 3rd all about using mobile phone technology to beef up your organizing efforts: Mobile-ize, Organize, and Unionize.
With an agenda covering everything from the state of the technology and Salsa integration to list-building strategies and data tracking, attendees will be led through the intensive day of learning by some of the leaders of the mobile organizing sector:
- Katrin Verclas, co-founder and editor at MobileActive.org
- Rachel LaBruyere, director of Mobile Strategy at Mobile Commons
- Reshma Mehta, Legislative Representative for AARP
- Lisa Grob, Communications Manager for Online Activism in the Strategic Communications Department at the Laborer's International Union of North America
- Jess Kutch, Director of Organizing for Economic Justice at Change.org
Although Mobile-ize, Organize, and Unionize is almost sold out, we want to highly encourage any staff members working with a union and using Salsa to contact the event organizers - they'll do everything they can to get you there even if the event does sell out!
Be sure to check out all of the sponsoring organizations - Mobile Commons, Organizing 2.0, and the Metro New York Labor Communications Council - to read more about organizing and mobile technology strategies.