Let's Raise Some Dough: Tips for Setting up Your First Donation Page in SalsaSubmitted Fri Nov 21 2008 00:00:00 GMT-0500 (EST)
It is the time of year where many organizations have end-of-year fundraising appeals on the brain. With that in mind, I thought I'd share some best practices about things to consider when setting up your first donation page in Salsa.
First, the basics:
- For groups that are able to use Salsa's built-in gateway, as soon as you build your page and make the link available to your donors you can start processing donations. It is that easy! (If you want to use your own gateway/merchant account, check out this documentation.)
- Checks are sent on a monthly basis and the check includes donations made from the previous month. You can run the "successful donations by date range" report to see all the transactions included on your check. (For instance, if your check came at the beginning of November, you would run the report from 10-01 to 10-31.)
Tips for Creating a Successful Donation Page:
- Set up an autoresponse/trigger email(s) to thank the donor for giving and also to notify staff that someone has contributed. (Select email triggers for your donate page under tab two, page options.)
- Add the donors to a group in Salsa so you can easily query or report on those who have donated through your page. (Pick the group you want supporters added to from tab two, page options.)
- Consider using tags or tracking codes to keep track of donations that are made for your particular campaign. This will make it easy to report on donations made through the page. (Tag your donate page in the top right of the page.)
- Consider using the redirect field on step three to then direct them to a thank you page or Tell-A-Friend page to spread the word about your efforts. (Paste the link you want to use for your redirect under Tab three, thank you and follow up.)
For more resources, check out the donation package section of the Salsa Commons.