September 13, 2019
Join the Consumer Voice Governing Board or
The Consumer Voice is seeking candidates for open positions on our Governing Board and Leadership Council. We are looking for thoughtful leaders to join our governing bodies who can help us expand our influence and achieve our organizational goals.
The Governing Board is responsible for management and fiscal oversight, fund development, and strategic planning. Service on the Governing Board is an opportunity to help drive the decisions of our highly respected national organization and shape the future of consumer-directed long-term care in every setting. Be part of the decision-making process on the national level, driving the strategic goals of the organization. This is an exciting time to join the Governing Board's leadership and help us map our ambitious future.
To apply, complete a brief application and submit a resume to email@example.com by Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
The Leadership Council is responsible for public policy and program development and implementation. The Council has 3 categories of members: (1) consumer representatives - individuals receiving long-term care and services, their family, and consumer advocates; (2) long-term care ombudsmen; and (3) issue/policy experts. Open positions for the Leadership Council for 2019 are in the Issue/Policy Expert category.
To apply, complete a brief application and submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
Candidates for both the Governing Board and Leadership Council must meet a professional standard of excellence by demonstrating the following:
- Strong social presence with ability to activate your professional network and advance Consumer Voice issues and agenda;
- Hold active membership in the Consumer Voice;
- Be willing to accept a leadership role for the future of our national, professional organization;
- Free of conflicts of interest;
- Have time to dedicate to fulfilling Board or Leadership Council responsibilities;
- Robust fundraising/fund development capabilities and experience in the not-for-profit environment (Governing Board candidates)
Residents and Individuals Receiving Care and Services: We are happy to help support your participation in meetings (in-person if feasible, but on the telephone/computer at a minimum), so please do not let travel costs or other barriers stop you from applying. Tell us how we can support your participation!
Applications are due by Friday, September 20, 2019.
- Governing Board Application
- Leadership Council Application