March 18, 2019
The purpose of the Revised National Ombudsman Reporting System (NORS) Training five-part webinar series is to introduce the new training materials and help programs prepare for the transition to new codes, definitions, and activities on October 1, 2019. The following three webinars will cover each part of the revised four-part training.
Participants only need to register once to attend all five webinars.
- Part II: Coding Complaints March 19, 2019 3:00 – 4:30 ET
- Part III: Closing the Case – Verification, Referral, and Disposition April 30, 2019 3:00 – 4:30 ET
- Part IV: Activities May 29, 2019 3:00 – 4:30 ET.
The recording and materials from the introductory webinar and Part I webinar are available here. The Part II: Complaint Coding NORS training materials are available now. You are encouraged to review these materials and take the Part II Complaint Coding Quiz prior to the Part II: Complaint Coding webinar on March 19, 2019 3:00 – 4:30 ET.
1. Print and review the revised NORS Part II Complaint Coding Training Materials (links below).
2. Print the NORS Table 2: Complaint codes and definitions so you can refer to the table for the complaint codes, definitions, examples, and reporting tips.
3. Take the revised NORS Part II Complaint Coding Quiz.
1. Have the revised Part II Complaint Coding materials, quiz responses, and NORS Table 2 printed and in front of you.
NORS Training Materials - Part II: Complaint Coding
NOTE: States are to continue to use the current approved NORS codes and instructions and training materials to ensure consistent reporting until the updated data collection is effective on October 1, 2019.