June 28, 2018
Are You Attending the Pioneer Network Conference?
The 2018 Pioneer Network Conference will be held August 12 - August 15 at the Sheraton in downtown Denver, Colorado.
This year there will be an intensive specifically for Ombudsmen titled, Pioneer Network and the Ombudsman Program: Partners on the Journey, held Sunday, August 12, 1:15pm until 4:30pm.
“All elders are entitled to self-determination wherever they live” - it’s a Pioneer Network value, and who better understands the meaning behind this value than the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program!
This session will focus on the connection between the work of the culture change movement and the Ombudsman Program. This interactive session especially for ombudsmen (surveyors and providers are also invited) will include:
- Penny Cook, President & CEO of Pioneer Network, will begin by exploring with attendees what the connection is between the culture change movement and the Ombudsman Program.
- Katie Kohler, National Long-term Care Ombudsman Resource Center, The National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-term Care will continue the conversation by reviewing the new Ombudsman Guidance and resources available from the Center on the topic of ombudsmen and culture change.
- Julie Wilson, a surveyor with Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, a former Ombudsman and provider will discuss the importance of language and Pioneer Network resources that she has found to be useful in her work.
- Eileen Bennett, Montgomery County, Maryland Long-term Care Ombudsman Program and Tessa Burton, Office of the Ohio Long-term Care Ombudsman will share their respective program’s work around person-directed care and culture change.
- The above presentations will be followed by roundtable discussions to share current practices related to person-directed care and culture change, ideas about what can be done in the future to support residents’ rights through the use of person-centered practices.
- Angie McAllister, Director of Cultural Transformation-Hometown Signature HealthCARE, will share examples from their communities of what they are doing to enhance the lives of their residents.
To register for the conference and this session, go to: https://www.pioneernetwork.net/conference/
Additional information about the Pioneer Network Conference can be found here. We look forward to seeing you there!