April 16, 2018
2018 State LTC Ombudsman Training Conference
To prepare for dialogue applicable to your state and gain the most possible from this conference, please review and think about your responses to the following questions for two sessions and pack a few items to share with your colleagues.
Revised Federal Nursing Home Regulations: Where Are We Now?
- Consider what you are seeing in your state regarding implementation of the new nursing home regulations.
- What feedback do you have regarding enforcement practices - what concerns do you have and what is working?
- What are the two top priorities you would like to share with CMS?
- Review the revised Ombudsman References in Federal Nursing Home Regulations chart prior to the conference.
- Based on the requirements for communication and information sharing with the LTCOP by the state survey agency do you have any concerns (e.g., do you receive all the information that is supposed to be shared with you) and do you have any examples of effective communication?
Systems Advocacy to Reduce Facility-Initiated Transfer/Discharges
- What are the key issues regarding facility-initiated transfers/discharges in your state?
- What trends are you seeing and what systems advocacy have you done (or plan to do)?
- Who have you partnered with (or are considering partnering with) to advocate for change?
- Do you have systems advocacy successes to share?
In addition to thinking about the discussion questions above, please bring the following with you:
- A copy of your most recent Annual Report.
- Samples of any new brochures.
Additional Conference Information:
- Click here for the conference agenda.
- Click here for more information on the conference hotel.
- Click here for directions from the airport to the hotel.
- To reduce paper, we will not provide copies of the PowerPoint slides for each session. If we receive slides before the conference we will post them to the conference webpage so you can print them before attending. Following the conference all materials will be available on that webpage.
Questions can be directed to Amity Overall-Laib (email@example.com).
See you in Denver!!!