February 8, 2017
In May 2016, NORC sent a planning and evaluation questionnaire to all State Ombudsmen and program representatives and we received over 100 responses. The responses help NORC evaluate the success of its activities and materials and provide NORC staff with key information in planning for future tasks. In the coming weeks, NORC will send out a series of emails based on the results of this questionnaire. Below is a brief summary of responses about communication.
Below are some common responses and where to find what is already available.
- Videos on training for staff and residents. A list of videos NORC has available can be seen here.
- Recorded webinars and teleconference calls. These can be seen here.
- One page fact sheets and handouts. Fact sheets are posted on their designated issue page. You can search for these fact sheets by visiting here and then selecting a topic.
- Training resources for ombudsmen. Resources that can be used for training can be found here. This page includes the NORC Curriculum, NORS Training materials, training programs, in-services, and much more.
Below are some frequent responses about what Ombudsman programs found useful from NORC and how you can find these resources or receive assistance.
- Technical assistance. If you need help on a specific question or don’t know where to find something on the website, you can always ask NORC by emailing email@example.com.
- Ombudsman Outlook. The Ombudsman Outlook is a quarterly e-newsletter filled with news, resources, and tips for ombudsmen. If you do not already receive the Outlook, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To read past issues click here.
- The NORC Curriculum. This is a tool often used as part of initial training for new Ombudsmen program representatives. It is a series of five modules with state specific quizzes after each module. It is available as PDF documents and an online training. To review the NORC curriculum click here.
- Information regarding Long-Term Care Issues. The issue pages on the NORC website are updated as soon as new information is received. If you have a resource or tool that would be helpful for other programs, please send it to NORC to be posted. To review resources and information on an issue, click here.
- Information about federal laws and regulations. NORC posts information and resources on federal laws and regulations here. On this page there is information on the Older Americans Act, Long-Term Care Ombudsman Final Rule, Federal Nursing Home Regulations, Home and Community Based Services Final Regulations, and Federal Guidance.
- NORS Training. The training page has a variety of training materials including NORS training and data. The National Ombudsman Reporting System (NORS) Training Materials and Data page has materials for the four-part NORS training series (slides, recordings, quizzes, and answers), and NORS Frequently Asked Questions.
You have received this e-mail through your subscription to the National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care's e-mail list.
Recipients of this email include all state long-term care ombudsmen, Consumer Voice members and other individuals who have subscribed to our e-mail list
If you did not subscribe or would no longer like to receive e-mail updates, unsubscribe here.
Clicking the unsubscribe link will remove you from all Consumer Voice and NORC email lists.
National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care - 1001 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 425 - Washington, DC 20036 - telephone: (202) 332-2275 - fax: (202) 403-3473 - email@example.com